Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Because ... Some days you are the bug, and some days you are the window!

I was sitting here trying to think of something creative for two challenges and I had a bunch of pink paper left over from a card I made to send to a women who blogs who has breast cancer. So then it got me thinking. I have a family member who will celebrate 5 years in remission in November so I will create something for her. She is a very funny and outgoing lady and I thought I need to think of something a little out of the ordinary to put on it. So after staring at paper and embellishments for a bit (Kate and I would make a good crafting team ... sitting in silence staring at paper ;) ) I came up with this idea.

"Some days you are the bug and some days you are the window" ... I had read that somewhere (or something like that) and I think it fits the sketch at Just Add Ink and the animal (bumble bee and embosed puppy) at Fantabulous Cricut .



L

15 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic use of the sketch! This card is totally adorable. I love that little window box complete with flowers and the bee is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great saying and a fantastic card built around it to give to your friend. I've heard a similar type of statement but wouldn't make for a nice card though. It goes like this - "Some days your the bird and other days, the statue".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of using the four panels as a window - the flowers are the perfect touch.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is totally adorable! Love the little scene you've created, and all the detail on your card. The clouds, the embossed dog, the bee, the flowers the colours - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this to bits! Seriously, this is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO sweet! What a gorgeous card! I love the little embossed pup in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious card! First...LOVE PINK! The window and flower box scene is just so sweet! Of course the little embossed puppy is so precious too! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I love that sentiment! The little window box and flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SOOO pretty! Love it!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. way way cute. I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful paper. Thanks for playing at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is very cute Love the idea the flower in the window are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super Cute! Thanks for playing at FCCB! Leigh

    ReplyDelete